The Bachelor of Science degree in Microbiology is designed to provide students with a complete understanding of the organisms, whilst covering all the aspects of microbial world and its complex interactions
Xavier International College offers the Tribhuvan University (TU) affiliated Bachelor of Science, Microbiology 4-year Programme. This course provides you with a broad understanding of the biological sciences and provides you with specialist skills in microbiology.
Founded in 2006 in the Xavier International College, the Department of Microbiology has enjoyed sustained growth and has developed an international reputation in various forms of biology practices. We have ample number of faculty affiliates who lead vigorous and innovative research program in a wide variety of areas of microbiology.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Understand the interesting world of microbiology through excellent education and research to explore the field
- Accumulate conceptual knowledge of microorganisms and their role in different related fields to combat diseases
- Gain theoretical and applied knowledge of microbiology in cross- disciplinary fields to become professionally capable
- Obtain specialized know-how about selected areas of microbiology to tackle real-world problems
- Explore various microbiological techniques to analyze better for effective solutions and remedies
Careers by Area
- Hospitals & Medical Laboratories – Medical & Clinical Microbiologists, Bacteriologists, Mycologists, Proto-zoologists, Immunologists, Parasitologists, and Virologists
- Pharmaceutical Companies – Pharmacologists, Quality Control Officers, Medical Representatives, and Marketing Managers
- Governmental & Public Sector – General Microbiologists, Public Health Microbiologists
- NGOs & INGOs – Project Coordinator, Environmental & Healthcare Microbiologists
- Teaching, Research & Development – Teachers, Instructors, and Research & Development Scientists
- Agriculture & Manufacturing – Agricultural & Industrial Microbiologists and Operations Managers
- Food & Beverage and Chemical Industries – Quality Assurance Officers and Food Microbiologists
- Self Employment – Microbiology Laboratory Entrepreneurs, and Consultants
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (BSc): MICROBIOLOGY
Number of Seats: 30
Course Duration: Four(4) Years
Class Timing: Morning Shift – 6:30 am onwrads
Good academic record in recent qualification and good preference in the entrance
test and interview .