Bachelor in Social Work is a 3-year program with second major in psychology.Bachelor in Social Work leads to a Bachelor of Arts degree from Tribhuvan University. The program is offered in association with Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, Tribhuvan University. Students are required to complete 90 credit hours of course work and practical cum training.
Key Learning Outcomes
- Apply critical thinking skills within the context of professional social work practice.
- Understand the value base of the profession and its ethical standards and principles, and practice accordingly.
- Understand the forms and mechanisms of oppression and discrimination and apply strategies of advocacy and social change that advance social and economic justice.
- Function within the structure of organizations and service delivery systems and seek necessary organizational change.
Careers by Area
- Family and school Social Workers- Child, family and school social workers work with children and families who are struggling with social and psychological issues at school, in the home or in their communities.
- Medical Social Workers – Medical social workers assist individuals and families who are dealing with an illness or health-related issue.
- Community Social Workers – A community social worker will often focus on community organization and development, planning, administration and social action to improve conditions within their communities.
- Researchers, Planners and Policymakers – Social work administrators, researchers, planners and policymakers belong to another group of social workers.
BACHELOR OF SOCIAL WORK(BSW):
Number of Seats: 90
Course Duration: Three(3) Years
Class Timing: Morning Shift – 6:30 am onwards
Good academic record in recent qualification and good preference in the entrance
test and interview .