A higher degree. A higher purpose.
Master of Business Studies (MBS) is a two year-4 semester program of Faculty of Management, Tribhuvan University. The Master of Business Studies (MBS) degree is a unique degree to make students up to date with the modern practices and changes in the field of business studies. The course is designed in order to develop skills in students for being able to take higher level managerial position in private and public sectors.
Key Learning Outcomes
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
- provide solid foundation of conceptual and theoretical knowledge of the management and business, its functions and areas combined with technical knowledge and applications along with good communication skills.
- impart students willing to enter in the business field, the necessary knowledge and ideas of business and business world.
- develop the capacity in students to use business studies knowledge in practice and obtain analytical and visionary skills to make conversant decisions while dealing with wide range of management issues.
- develop research skills in students and motivate students in the lifelong learning and professional development in the field of management and business studies.
Scope and Career Prospects
MBS graduates can work in various positions like business managers, administrator, accountant, financial officers, marketing officers, analyst etc in banks, small and big corporate houses, hospitals and hotels, factories and industries, schools and colleges, etc. Every year large numbers graduates are enrolled by these organizations as per their academic and professional qualifications. One can also get jobs as writer, teacher, academician, researcher, editor, journalist, etc concerned with business. One can also be university lecturers, government officers, business adviser, directors, etc after the graduation.
The curriculum for MBS degree comprises three separate and distinct course components. The three components are:
Core business courses, integrates all analytical and functional areas and provides the students with an appreciation of the diversity and inter-relationship of business and management issues. It includes subjects such as Research Methodology and Statistical Methods, Business Economics, Organizational Behavior and Human Resources Management, Managerial Finance, Management Accountancy, Marketing Management, Production and Operations Management, Entrepreneurship Development and Strategic Management and Business Environment.Normal Duration
Specialization in any one of the areas, such as, Accounting, Finance, Marketing, General Management and Management Science enables the student to develop expertise in the functional area.
The MBS programme requires the students to conduct original research work during the second year of the two-year study period. Students are required to either write a thesis or undertake two project assignments based on their original research work. Studentsopting thesis or project reports are encouraged to write their thesis or project reports within the selected specialization area. The MBS program is a four semester (two-year) program with four key components: (a) coreccourses, (b) specialization courses, and (c) a thesis.
Students applying for the MBS program must fill in the application blank with all details of their personal information and past academic records.
1. The selection of students shall be based on CMAT.
2. FOM shall conduct a Central Management Admission Test (CMAT) that will test the basic ability of the students in verbal ability and quantitative ability.
3. The test shall be based on the GMAT and GRE format. The admission test shall be concentrated on testing verbal and quantitative ability, business and economics, logical reasoning and general awareness.
4. There are altogether hundred (100) questions in the CMAT containing 20 questions in each section.
5. Students must secure a minimum 40% in the CMAT in order to qualify for the admission.