Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA) is a four-year eight semesters undergraduate degree course in the field of computer applications. It is a technical degree that prepares students for a career in the field of computer applications and software development.It takes an alternative to the engineering counterpart, BE in Computer Science and Engineering/IT which takes 4 years. After successful completion of BCA the students can do further studies as MCA- master in computer application.
Key Learning Outcomes
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
- produce professionals in the field of computer application as programmer and software developers.
- provide knowledge about various tools and techniques used in software development.
- provide students with both practical and theoretical aspect of studies related to computer applications.
- enhance the skill of students to create solutions of technical problems that arises in industrial, commercial as well as in government companies.
- rovide students a fine base to continue their studies further in MIT, MBA, MCA, etc.
Scope and Career Prospects
BCA graduates can apply for a post of system analysts, system managers, project managers, database administrators, system designers and programmers. Information industries and manufacture industries are always seeking for BCA graduates.
Students completing their bachelor’s degree in computer application are further legible to study in any faculties which come under the Management and Information Technology such as M.C.A (Master of Computer Applications) and many more.
Job Placement by
Students from all the faculty are eligible to get admission for the BCA program. PCL or +2 or equivalent in any discipline passed with minimum 40% marks or ‘C’ grade or 2 CGPA or C grade in all subjects of 11 and 12 are eligible for the admission.
- From August 8, 2018 to September 7, 2018 you can collect and submit admission forms.
- Form submission with late fee: last date – September 14, 2018
- Entrance examination (written): September 22, 2018
- Examination time: 8:00 am
- Admission form fee: Rs. 1,200 (In Words: One thousand and two hundred only)
For the detail cost description, please visit the college.
Course of Study
- Computer Fundamentals and Applications
- Society and Technology
- English I
- Mathematics I
- Digital Logic
- C Programming
- Financial Accounting
- English II
- Mathematics II
- Microprocessor and Computer Architecture
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Probability and Statistics
- System analysis and design
- OOP in Java
- Web Technology
- Operating System
- Numerical Methods
- Software Engineering
- Scripting Language
- Database Management System
- Project I
- MIS and E-Business
- DotNet Technology
- Computer Networking
- Introduction to Management
- Computer Graphics and Animation
- Mobile Programming
- Distributed System
- Applied Economics
- Advanced Java Programming
- Network Programming
- Project II
- Cyber Law and Professional Ethics
- Cloud Computing
- Elective I
- Elective II
- Operations Research
- Project III
- Elective III
- Elective IV